The problem to be solved applied to Agri & Non-Agri Commodities & Goods which are produced in distributed geographies with varying quality metrics. The price of these commodities are a function on triangulation of Quality-Quantity-Traceability.
- Fruits & Vegetables
- Agri Commodities like Rice, Grains, Pulses, Oil Seeds etc.
- Livestock & Meat like Eggs, Pork, Cattle etc.
- Articles of Apparel, Clothing & Accessories etc,
- Raw Materials & Intermediate Goods etc.
- Other Manufactured Goods
Current Problem / Limitation:-
- Sourcing and Trading of above commodities involves physical travel to the location of produce or intermediate marketplace (called Mandis in India) for verification of quality & quantity.
- There is no way to authenticate the cargo by the buyer till the time it reaches him.
- The trade transaction is based on trust, past experience, herd movement or other non-rational factors.
- To improve authenticity of a trade, the buyer deploys own staff or an inspection agent. This method is unscalable and requires lot of expenditure. Neither it has any digital footprint.
- Traditional Method (Human involvement) has it’s limitation in post Covid world as travel has come down to a full standstill.
The need of a standard system and method to determine the Authenticity ( Quality, Quantity & Traceability ) of the above Agri / Non-Agri goods through digital means without human intervention.